Monday, September 19, 2011

Sweetwater done - Again.

I finished my final edits to Sweetwater Springs over this weekend. It is now uploaded and available on Kindle.

The edits took longer than I thought they would, but we found all of the issues, fixed them up, made a few other minor adjustments and prepped it for Kindle.

I've never edited for Kindle before. I found it a bit tedious to have to scroll through every page of the Kindle formatted book to be sure that things looked OK. However, I did scroll through every page and made a couple of other minor adjustments to be sure that things looked good on the Kindle as well. Of course, it won't be the same on the other Kindle reader software programs, and will probably be quite different when a Kindle user uses a different font.

But in the end, I'm happy with the results, and I'm happy to have the book back up on the Amazon Kindle Bookstore.

After I completed the edits and got the book uploaded, my wife showed me a book that she is currently reading on her Kindle and pointed out significant formatting errors. It look like the book had been taken straight from the paper-printed book and published to Kindle. It had hyphenated words in the middle of paragraphs and sentences. It had large gaps in between words. It had lots of problems. I'm glad we resolved all of those and re-uploaded the book.

So now - take a moment to go take a preview of Sweetwater Springs on Amazon Kindle and other Kindle reading devices.

No comments:

Post a Comment